Original happy birthday toasts are rare. That's mostly because it's easy — and safe — to rely on the old standbys that are available all over the web.
The only problem? The oldies but goodies online have been, as the saying goes, around the block more than a few times and lack the originality to actually entertain the audience and, most importantly, make the birthday boy or girl feel truly special.
On this page, it's fortunately very easy to find great, one-of-a-kind toasts that will get the job done well when it comes to your audience and the birthday girl or boy feel incredibly special!
Message Guy Tip #63: How to choose happy birthday toasts
Out of all the birthday toasts you can make, the “happy” variety is the safest route to take. It’s virtually impossible to offend anyone with this type of birthday message. But not all "happy" toasts are created equal. Which type is right for you? Well...
Read more ►
...Happy birthday toasts can also be the most impersonal toast you can pick if you stay with "oldies but goodies" like "Happy Birthday" or "Wishing you all the best" (you know what I mean). Yes, they're good but they're also really, really old and really, really boring.
If I was a betting man, I'd bet everything I have on the likelihood that you would like to take the safe route but you still want the birthday boy or girl to think your toast is wonderfully original and refreshingly enjoyable. If I'm right, you should look for three things when you select this type of toast:
1. Your toast must be suitable for the recipient (happy birthday toasts are highly appropriate for family, coworkers, clients and acquaintances, not for girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands or wives).
2. The message should not be too safe. "Too safe" may be too impersonal for the birthday boy or girl. Gauge how far you can go with a toast by their personality. If the recipient of your message is an introvert, veer more to the safe side. If he or she is an extrovert, go out on a limb and be a little daring (i.e. add some humor) with your toast.
3. Needless to say, your toast should reflect how you feel about the birthday boy or girl and the relationship you have with him or her. Don't settle for a vanilla, one-size-fits-all birthday message. ◄ Read less
May every day of yours be happier and richer than the last. Happy birthday!
May the true secret of happiness, honor and success always be with you on your journey...today, on your special day, and all your tomorrows. Happy birthday!
May you look forward with happiness, hope and wonder...and may you look back without regret or disappointment. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! Let yourself never flounder in following your direction in life, keeping your head up high, believing that all will work out as it should and, most of all, pursuing happiness wherever you are.
May your joy and wonder be free from the sting of remorse and regret. Have a great birthday!
May your joys be as deep as the ocean and your misfortunes as light as a drop of water. Have an amazing birthday!
Message Guy Pick
When you choose a happy birthday toast, you should be looking for one that has the qualities of my pick right below. What are these great qualities?
Read more ►
This toast has three things going for it:
1. This toast is 100% celebratory (in other words, it's just happy, happy, happy) in the most important way: it celebrates the recipient. No bad vibes here.
2. This message is personal (not one-size-fits-all). It reflects the personality of the individual giving the toast. How do I know? I gave this toast myself.
3. Most importantly, this toast does not contain even a hint of anything offensive. It's what you want a "happy" birthday toast to be: safe to use anywhere. ◄ Read less
As you know, I’m not a big drinker. In fact, you might say I’m a teetotaler. But I can’t think of a better reason to have a drink right now. Heck, I’d have a hundred drinks in your honor. So I want to raise a glass to you, my friend. Happy birthday! May I drink to you and your special day every year, for many years to come.
Here's to your health — may you live forever and one day. Here's also to your happiness — may you live happily ever after. Last but not least, here's to your success — may you live a rich life (in more ways than one). Happy birthday!
On behalf of everyone here, may the wonder of wishes and dreams be part of your day, every day for years and years. Have a wonderful birthday!
May you have miles of smiles today, tomorrow and the coming years. Happy birthday!
Kevin, the "Message Guy" who writes the birthday wishes, quotes, poems, toasts and speeches for this site, has been a professional writer, editor and translator for more than 25 years. He decided to create BirthdayMessages.net in 2012 to share his passion for famous quotes on the best day of the year — your birthday.