Yes, selecting boss birthday wishes can be hard…and choosing the wrong one may even get you fired. Stop worrying — here are wonderfully original birthday messages for your boss. He or she will love what you pick because there aren't any bad choices on this page.
I like this boss birthday wish for a very good, very real reason.
Read more ►
This is one of my top picks because it expresses a thought most workers never have, which only makes this birthday wish all the more complimentary and real for any great boss (who is typically good at reading people). ◄ Read less
You make the hours of every workday really rock. It must be the fact that you have the heart and soul of a real rock star.
I never thought I’d put it in writing but I look forward to Mondays! That’s because of you! You’re the best boss ever! Happy birthday!
You must certainly be a rich person! That’s because everyone here owes you so much...for your kindness, guidance and inspiration. Happy birthday, Boss!
Thanking you for being a great boss just isn't enough for your special day! Thank you for inspiring us to be our best! Happy birthday, boss!
Happy birthday, boss! Your special day is special to us. You’re special to us…as an incredible boss and an even more incredible friend.
Hoping you have a long, fulfilling career with all the success you can handle…and more! You’ve earned it! Happy birthday, boss!
I know we never get a chance to ever say it but we think you're an amazing boss. Keep up the amazing work. Happy birthday!
Wishing you a totally carefree, special day. Get out of here. Take a day-off! You deserve it. Happy birthday, boss!
Can your boss actually be offended by your message? Yes! Here's why...
I just read an article on why many people get offended by the slightest sign of disrespect. Although this piece is not exactly about "offended bosses," it does give you insight into why your boss might feel slighted by an offhand remark.
Wishing the best boss all the best on what should be your best day, your special day, your birthday!
Have a wonderful birthday, boss! We think you’re a wonderful person, a wonderful mentor and a wonderful friend.
It’s rather unusual to have a great boss! I never thought it would happen to me. But it has…with you! Happy birthday, boss!
Message Guy Tip #35: The best kind of funny boss birthday wishes
It's also okay to be a little funny with your boss on his or her birthday. Want to see funny boss birthday wishes? See some hilarious (appropriately hilarious, since you don't want to offend your boss) birthday messages!
Read more ►
Here are some examples to use with your boss:
1. You’re the best boss ever — every morning, you arrive at the office later than I do! Happy birthday!
2. You’re the best drinking buddy I ever had… burp, I mean the best boss! Happy birthday!
3. You’ve taught me that my time is valuable. That’s why I leave promptly at 5:00 every evening. Happy birthday to my favorite boss!
4. You're really shouldn't be reading this birthday message on Facebook and wasting valuable company time. It’s against the rules, you know!
5. On your special day, you should really take a day-off. We REALLY think we — I mean, you — deserve one. Happy birthday, boss!
6. We thought you would appreciate this birthday message on your Facebook page (along with all your other really sincere birthday wishes). Happy birthday, boss!
7. There’s only one thing we want to say to you on your birthday but it’s against company policy. Happy birthday, anyway!
8. As a boss, you’re supposed to be a — you know — that other word for “Richard.” As my boss, you certainly are. Happy birthday!
9. Happy birthday to a boss who leaves work earlier than I do.
10. Happy birthday to a boss who inspires me to attack every problem with a vengeance. That’s why I want to attack and hurt you!